Skip to main content


If a couple agrees on financial matters, do they need to have a court order and attend court?

The Courts order maintenance on the request of spouses, except child maintenance. Therefore, if neither of the parties requests it, the court will not order maintenance to be paid. Instead, they can submit their agreement on financial matters to court in order to gain a court order.


Leave Comment

Restricted HTML

  • Allowed HTML tags: <a href hreflang> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote cite> <code> <ul type> <ol start type> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd> <h2 id> <h3 id> <h4 id> <h5 id> <h6 id>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Web page addresses and email addresses turn into links automatically.