Without court orders, what can parents do unilaterally? For example, can they take a child abroad?

Posted by

During the marriage, both parents have the right to custody of the child and both of them assert their rights together, therefore one of the parents cannot take the child abroad without the permission of the other. However, if the child’s parents have divorced or are unmarried, the custodial parent can take the child abroad following notification to the court.

Comments Disabled!

Add a comment


Contact Us

Address: Kabataş Setüstü İnebolu St. No:25 Ada Apt. D:11 34427 Istanbul Turkey
Phone: +90 212 293 09 09
Email: info@yttlaw.com

Legal Notice: The information and material contained in this website are for general information purposes only. According to relevant regulations of the Union of Turkish Bar Associations, they do not contend to constitute advertisement, contractual offer of service, legal or any other professional advice. The transmisson of the information on this website do not constitute any attorney-client relationship. Anyone who decides to visit this website will be considered as having acknowledged and accepted the above mentioned terms and conditions.

%d bloggers like this: