In accordance with the last decision, Article 41 has been added to the of the Law numbered 7226 on Making Changes on Some Laws, and the conditions for employees to benefit from the short-time working allowance are changed.These conditions are explained in the provisional article added to the Unemployment Insurance Law No.4447. As follows;
- It has been changed as it applies for those who work as insured for 450 days and paid unemployment insurance premium in the last three years from the ones who are subject to the service contract for the last 60 days before the short-time working start. (Before, it was like, those who have not been paid with six hundred days and the last one hundred twenty days social security premium in the last three years)
- This situation will be valid until 30/06/2020.
- Those who do not meet these conditions will continue to benefit from the short-time working allowance for the period remaining from the last unemployment benefit entitlement, with the condition of not exceeding the short-time working period.
- In order to benefit from short-time work practice under this article; during the period of short-time work in the workplace, the employees should not be dismissed by the employer except the reasons regulated under the Article 25/II of Labor Law No. 4857 which is “situations that do not comply with the rules of morality and good will and similar reasons”.
- The applications made under this article will be finalized within 60 days from the date of application.
- This article entered into force on the date of publication (26.03.2020) as to be applied as of 29/2/2020.
Short-time work can be applied in cases where the working time in the workplace is reduced by at least 1/3 or the activity is stopped for at least four weeks due to general economic, sectoral, regional crisis and mandatory reasons. In case of the short-time work is applied, employees who meet the conditions mentioned above are paid a short-time working allowance up to 3 months for non- working periods.
One-third of the employees’ wages will be paid by the Employer within the scope of fifteen working hours of employees. Two-thirds of their wages will be covered by the Social Security Institution. However, the payment to be made by the Social Security Institution will not exceed 60 percent of the amount that the employee will be entitled to, and this amount will not exceed 4,380.00 TL.
The employers who want to apply short-time work can apply by sending the necessary documents to e-mail addresses created specifically for the Provincial Directorates Of Labour And Employment Agency and Service Centers.
Short-time working allowances will be paid after the eligibility determination that will be held by the Ministry’s Guidance and Inspection Department.
Detailed announcement will be made on the website of the Institution (www.iskur.gov.tr) about the process of making and finalizing the applications.