Can the custodial parent move to another state/ country without the other parent’s consent?

Posted by

In marriage, due to the fact that both parents share the custodial rights equally, one of the parents cannot move the child to another state/country without the other parent’s consent. In the event of a divorce, one parent will get custody of the child and will have the right to move to another city by informing the Court. The other parent’s approval is not necessary regarding this but the parent should not negatively impact on the relationship between the other parent and the child. And, according to the Turkish Court of Cassation’s decision, the court cannot ban the custodial parent from moving to another state/country due to freedom of travel. In these cases, the Court can only arrange visitation times for the noncustodial parent with his/her child.

Comments Disabled!

Add a comment


Contact Us

Address: Kabataş Setüstü İnebolu St. No:25 Ada Apt. D:11 34427 Istanbul Turkey
Phone: +90 212 293 09 09

Legal Notice: The information and material contained in this website are for general information purposes only. According to relevant regulations of the Union of Turkish Bar Associations, they do not contend to constitute advertisement, contractual offer of service, legal or any other professional advice. The transmisson of the information on this website do not constitute any attorney-client relationship. Anyone who decides to visit this website will be considered as having acknowledged and accepted the above mentioned terms and conditions.

%d bloggers like this: